PhoneShaala in the News
With your help we can scale this up so it reaches more children!
The core agenda of this project is to build an open ecosystem for all the stakeholders.
- A student calls and selects their preferred language medium (at present English, Hindi, Marathi & we plan to expand), their class (1 to 8 under RTE Act 2009) and a subject of choice (Maths, Science, Environmental Studies, Social Studies, English Language, Hindi Language, Life Skills).
- A pre-recorded audio lesson begins playing. These lessons have been specially curated by a team of experienced educators and are created by volunteers (EduCreators) from across the country.
- Lessons are refreshed every week, giving students 1 week to catch up on the lessons.
- Teachers from across the country are sharing PhoneShaala with their students who don’t have access to the internet so their students can still continue learning during the lockdown PhoneShaala also aims to be a respite from trauma due to the rising child abuse during this lockdown.
- Feedback from participating teachers suggests PhoneShaala will continue benefiting the following segments even after the lockdown is lifted.